Welcome to the Keith Kilt and Textile Centre's website.
We are a small company based in Keith, in the heart of Banffshire (On the Speyside Whisky Trail) teaching unique Traditional Kiltmaking and Textile related courses.
- The Keith Kilt and Textile Centre delivers courses in Kiltmaking and Textile related subjects. We are an approved SQA Centre where the student can sign up for a course, leading to a SQA Customised Award in Kiltmaking and/or Textiles.
- The student can begin with the Introductory course in Kiltmaking (it would normally take approximately 12 days to complete a kilt which could involve some homework) and if they so wish, can move on to complete the SQA Customised Award in Kiltmaking, where they must complete a minimum of six kilts.
- The approved courses must follow the SQA's policies and procedures, including portfolios of the student's work and three assessments to show that they have understood the process of Kiltmaking and or Textiles.
- (Registration forms, etc. will be provided as and when required)
- Please contact us for further details. The student will be working alongside other students, who, will be working at various stages of the course.
- (There is no set time limit to complete the course)
- However, we do encourage the student to attend on a regular basis so as to retain the knowledge they have acquired in completing their kilts,
- or textile projects.